Advanced Frame-rate Conversion
ContentAgent’s advanced frame rate conversion option is the result of third party integration with Tachyon®, the highly acclaimed image processing and conversion software from Cinnafilm®. The advanced frame rate conversion option enables ContentAgent to become a replacement for expensive legacy hardware-based workflows that contain costly trips to/from baseband for standards and format conversions.
Created from the ground up for file-based workflows and utilising powerful CPU and GPU processing, this new tool facilitates not only the traditional PAL/NTSC conversions but expands across all frame rates, deals with field order/progressive/cadence issues and scales across resolutions to 4K. Conversions are all performed accurately using phase correlation and other motion estimation data. Designed for intensive broadcast and post-production environments, the new standards converter is designed to bridge what is currently a significant drawback to end-to-end automated file based operation. The converter is highly optimised for NVIDIA’s Tesla series of graphics cards and utilises the teraflops of processing power available in each Tesla GPU.
- Highest quality frame rate conversion to and from all standard frame rates, resolutions and aspect ratios, interlaced and progressive.
- Automatic 3:2 pulldown/telecine removal with advanced cadence correction.
- Highest quality motion-compensated de-interlacing to preserve maximum detail.
- Resolution conversion to and from any resolution up to 4K.
- Insertion of common pulldown patterns and frame repeat to preserve film motion when targeting high progressive frame rates.